Sunday, October 21, 2007

Things to work on...

WE had a make-up class yesterday morning for our handling skills class. We mainly worked on wraps, threadles, and 270's. Pickle can do these blind folded at home, and did pretty well in class- but we reverted back to being more interestesd in all the other dogs in the class. I had a couple of times where I could call him back to me, but several times I had to go collect him. He is so good when there are no other dogs present, I really just need a way to work on distractions.
Jamie (my instructor) is moving and will no longer be able to offer classes at her home. I've looked at other places to train, but haven't found anything that I find compatible with my schedule or my liking. With the new job, I do not yet know what my work hours will look like, I know for the first month I'll be working pretty long shifts. I'd hate to sign up for a class and then never be able to attend. I think for know I'll take a few privates here and there until my schedule figures itself out.

1 comment:

Rossi2009 said...

We'll keep you going, and if you like, I'll help you find another class locally to your liking.